In 3D modeling, scene setup involves arranging virtual objects, lights, and other entities on a scene which will later be used to produce a still image or an animation. 3D modeling includes the following:
• Lighting is a significant contributing factor to the resulting aesthetic and visual quality of the 3D model.
• Color has to be added to a model’s surface prior to rendering. Most 3D modeling software allows the user to color the 3D model’s vertices, and that color is then interpolated across the 3D model’s surface during rendering.
• Textures allow 3D models to look significantly more detailed and realistic than they would otherwise.
Architectural 3D Modeling
3D architectural model is a type of a computer virtual scale model of a structure or landscape to communicate design ideas to clients, committees or the general public. 3D architectural models are tools which may be used for shows, presentations, fundraisings, obtaining permits or selling a property.
Architectural 3D models are used by architects, interior designers, real estate agents, home owners, builders and many others for a range of purposes:
• 3D architectural models are sometimes made to study the interaction of volumes, or to get an idea of how they look from different angles. Designing a building using 3D models can be a very open-ended and practical method of exploring ideas.
• 3D architectural models are an efficient method for exhibiting and selling a design. Many people, including developers and would-be house buyers, cannot visualize a design in three dimensions from two-dimensional drawings. In this case, 3D architectural models will be of great help to explain the ideas.
• 3D architectural models may be useful in explaining a complicated or unusual design to the building team, or as a focus for discussion between the design teams such as architects, engineers and town planners.
• 3D architectural models are also used as show pieces, for instance as a feature in the reception of a prestigious building, or as part of a museum exhibition (for example scale replicas of historical buildings).
3D Architectural Model Types
Some types of 3D architectural models include:
• 3D Architectural Exterior Models are 3D models of buildings which usually include some landscaping or civic spaces around the building.
• 3D Architectural Interior Models are 3D models showing interior space planning, finishes, colors, furniture and beautification.
• 3D Landscaping Design Models are 3D models of landscape design and development representing features such as walkways, small bridges, pergolas, vegetation patterns and beautification. Landscaping design models usually represent public spaces and may, in some cases, include buildings as well.
• 3D Urban Models are 3D models representing several city blocks, even a whole town or village, large resort, campus, industrial facility, retail plaza and so on. Urban models are a vital tool for town/city planning and development.
• 3D Engineering & Construction Models show isolated building/structure elements and components and their interaction.
• In engineering 3D models are used as designs of new devices, vehicles and structures.
• In interior design 3D models help to create desirable home style and settings.
At Artsign inc we do our job on time and on budget!